What is Botox®:
Botox is a simple, nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people from 18 to 65 years of age. It is the only treatment of its type approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Take a look at men and women who’ve had Botox treatments, and see for yourself!
One 10-minute treatment – a few tiny injections – and within days there’s a noticeable improvement in moderate to severe frown lines between the brows, which can last up to 4 months. Results may vary.
Botox is a purified protein produced by theClostridium botulinum bacterium, which reduces the activity of the muscles that cause those frown lines between the brows to form over time.
In 2005, almost 3.3 million procedures were performed with FDA-approved Botox® Cosmetic.
There’s only one Botox® Cosmetic. Talk to your doctor to see if Botox® Cosmetic is right for you!
When it comes to selecting a physician-administered aesthetic treatment, chances are you’ll want proof, not just claims. The proof for BOTOX® Cosmetic is in the numbers.
- In clinical trials, nearly 90% of men and women surveyed rated the improvement in the appearance of frown lines between their brows as moderate to better 1 month after treatment. Results vary.
- Results can last for up to 4 months, and may vary.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2002 for the temporary treatment of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people ages 18 to 65, and almost 3.3 million procedures were performed in 2005 alone.
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ranked Botox® Cosmetic as the most popular physician-administered aesthetic procedure in the United States for the fourth year in a row (surgical and nonsurgical combined).
Or try our Treatment Visualizer
The Injection Process
It’s all about freedom of expression . . .
The beauty of a Botox® Cosmetic treatment is that it’s a simple, 10-minute, non-surgical process. A few tiny injections, and within days there can be a noticeable improvement in the moderate to severe frown lines between the brows that can last up to 4 months. Results may vary. And there’s no recovery time. You can even do it on your lunch break.
- Dr. Mahoney or Judie Franks N.P. will administer several tiny injections of Botox® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause those moderate to severe frown lines between the brows.
- Dr. Mahoney or Judie Franks N.P. will determine where to administer the injections by examining your ability to move certain muscles in your brow area. The location, size, and use of the muscles that create a furrowed brow vary markedly among individuals.
- No anesthesia is required. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief.
- You can expect to be in and out of West Houston Dermatology without downtime. You may see a marked improvement in the moderate to severe frown lines between your brows within days. Improvement may continue for as long as a month, and could last up to 4 months. We ask that patients wait at least 14 days after the injection to see the full effect.
Source: Botox® Cosmetics
Brilliant Distinctions Program will reward you with points each time you receive a Botox Cosmetic or Juvederm XC treatment (only if submitted within 3 months since your last Botox treatment.) **To receive $25.00 off your next treatment, send an email to Shirley at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will email you a link to register.
*May not be combined with any other offer.